Saturday, June 27, 2015

To Feel the Life

Assalamualaikum :)

As I walked into the ward the other day, I saw a middle-aged woman laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling bluntly. She was thinking something I assumed. Considering the other patients looked ill to approach, I slowly made my steps forward towards her. 

She smiled at me. I started my conversation with her with my format of clerking notes. Name, age occupation, PC, HPC, past medical hx, bla bla bla. Thats the medical side of the conversation. At the end of the session, I asked her ideas, concerns and expectations. This is the format that my uni always thought us to deal with the biophychosocial aspect a person's life. At first, she was reluctant to tell me about her life. But as I talk to her further about her family and social wellbeing, she started to tell little things that her eyes are showing the burden of her life. 

I am not good at talking sweet things to people. I listened to her. I kept quiet and just look into her eyes while she was telling her stories. She is a brave and kind lady. Her life might not be as easy as people think. His husband is not working due to bronchial asthma, and she works as a cleaner once a week. She has children to be taken care of. Her sister-in-laws are not in a good relationship with her, and she felt really sad to be treated as a stranger eventhough she had done nothing wrong with others. 

Thats is only a part of the story. I have always amazed with the people that I have met to have a great courage and determination to stay strong, whatever life brings you through. I pray that may Allah bless all of you dunya and akhirah, ease your pain and journey, grant your dua with good things in life hereafter insyaAllah. 

This is Hosp Batu Gajah, Perak. So original that this building has been there since the Japanese army were here.

No comments: